Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015! - Let's quilt!



Do you take time at New Year’s to reflect on the past 12 months to see what the journey has been about? I do. My journey started out with moving into our home in NE TN (with it’s perfectly wonderful space for a quilting studio), and has been and still is about establishing a quilting life, rather than a quilting hobby.


Working on a charity quilt

  I love quilting! Come to think of it, I feel most like myself when I am working at the sewing machine, buzzing along at the longarm, or teaching a quilting class. How blessed I am to have all these things filling my days! What are those things that make you feel most like yourself? I encourage you to add them into your life as often as you can.




As for quilting ---

I’ve been working on a new quilt for the guild’s January 2015 Quilt of the Month (a.k.a. QOM) project. Every month this guild season, I find a quick and simple construction technique somewhere, design a quilt using it, and offering the information to the guild. Of course, the information comes with a challenge for the guild members to actually make the quilt before the next meeting. I’ve been surprised that so many of the members have taken the challenge!

Shadow Me This Block
The January QOM is called Shadow Me This. ½ a layer cake makes a lap quilt, 1 layer cake makes a twin size. So easy! So dramatic in batiks and a black background. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!