Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sharon-isms - food for thought

Have you ever heard of the website: Six Word Memoirs? It is a place where people can post a "story" in exactly 6 words. They can also post a picture and  a backstory that explains what the 6 words are about. Here is an example from the list of recently posted 6-words: "My crow's feet wear 15 Wide".

Well my husband is a frequent poster there. One of his latest was about a package of pre-cuts I got from Craftsy. As I was pulling my treasures out of the box, I exclaimed: "Straight cut! No pinking! Oh Boy!" As you may be able to see, the jelly roll edges are straight cut, but the charm pack is pinked. I really don't like to sew the pinked edges. You just never know where the seam line should be. I far prefer "straight cut".

By the way, the charm pack you see was a free gift from Craftsy! I also got a charm pack to match the jelly roll, and a pack of 1/2 yd cuts of the same line. Now the challenge is to remember what I intended to do with them!

News from the Studio

 

Heart Song Workshop

If you missed the Heart Song wall-hanging or table topper workshop I did for Appalachian Heritage Quilters guild last year, or will miss this year's workshop for the Blue Ridge Quilters Guild, I will be doing one for Heavenly Stitches Quilt Shoppe in Kingsport, TN on November 15, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sign up at Heavenly Stitches.






Lessons Beyond the 1/4" Seam

On November 1, I will be doing a program for the Blue Ridge Quilters Guild in Johnson City called "Lessons Beyond the 1/4" seam".  Quilting isn't a hobby to many quilters. It is far more.

Sharon-isms

I love word play. You know, slap-stick phrases. Phrases that confuse, surprise, or disgust, whichever. But usually I have no control over when word play just blurts out of my mouth. Early on in our relationship, my beloved DH would occasionally start to giggle and quickly go write down something. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. One day it dawned on me. It must have been something I said. I'm really not trying to be funny - but it just comes out a little odd.

This week's Sharon-ism

"You don't have to look if you can't see."  (In a Target parking lot in response to a woman backing out of a parking place in her big, view-inhibiting mini-van without bothering to see if there was anything behind her - before cars had cameras.)


Okay, that's plenty of food for thought. Have a great week!
Now, let's go quilt something!


2 comments:

  1. Sharon, what is the cost of the class at Heavenly Stitches? Is there a kit? Looks interesting. Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cost of the workshop is $30. No kit. You will get a prep sheet with yardage and pre-workshop cutting instructions when you sign up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!