Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Yes, I am still here!

It has been a long time since my last post! I haven't really been idle, just stymied! Last time, I told you that my longarm was on vacation. Well, she's back and running in peak form. That's the good news. Just about the time I was ready to write the next post, the motherboard in my laptop fried to a crisp! So, I'm trying to limp along electronically with my little tablet. I've been quilting, and piecing, and having a great time, and even taking pictures. But I don't have a way to share the pics with you, access my calendar, any of my files, or any of the software I depend so heavily upon. As you can imagine, I'm getting a good workout practicing patience!

In other news... in the last post I told you we had a beautiful, new roof! Guess what. It leaked worse than before it was installed. Yikes. So I quick called my guy, who called the big boss, who sent out his head construction guy to look at it. The flashing around the chimney flue was missing. There had been some - but someone just ignored putting it back on. Not to mention there was a significant hole in the sub-roof that wasn't fixed when the roof went on. Golly. So they bowed and scraped and groveled, and got all of that repaired lickety-split. So far so good. NOW I can start the search for a drywall contractor to address the interior damage. I don't like loose ends.

News from the studio

There is BIG news from the studio! I visited with my APQS dealer on Monday. I love spending time with her whenever I can. She is a delightful person! Anyway, we talked everything over, and I have ordered a brand new longarm!! Within the next few months, I will take delivery on a 2017 APQS Millennium! AND a computer! I can hardly contain myself! But first, we gotta do what we gotta do: line up good financing, and sell Miss Margie the longarm. She is not on the market yet, I still have work to do and get everything worked out with the bank. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!