Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snowbound and loving it!

I started last week's post a few times before I gave up. First it was about being snowbound, and then it was about the thaw, and now it's about fighting cabin fever. However, I refuse to whine about being cooped up in the studio! Just too much fun to be had down there, in spite of how cold the basement can get. I have a good drag-to-where-I-need-it heater, after all.

So what, that we are snow-bound around here, again? Time to pile on layers of clothing and warm socks, and get back to quilting!
 
  I finished quilting the patio door panels that I had started years ago for my previous home in North Carolina. I cut one of them down to fit the window in the studio and the other will help keep the chill out on the patio door down there. Super simple, just half a jelly roll, cut into 10" lengths and sewn end-to- end. Right now I'm waiting for a magnetic curtain rod for the metal door.


 



I just combined several of my favorite motifs for the quilting.


On another topic, do you ever have too many projects you want to do all at the same time? I know you do. I'm right there, right now. The other day, I decided I needed some sort of plan. So I listed the few UFO's, active projects under way, patterns to publish, tasks with deadlines, etc. Not to mention tasks with deadlines. But we can't let the deadlines rule our quilting lives!

So, here's my challenge to you and me, today. Go to your studio today for at least 15 minutes and do something "quilty" that doesn't have a timeline! Make one block, clean out the bobbin area, look at 2 quilting magazines, etc. Relax in something quilty.

Now have a lovely day spending time in your studio!! Let's go quilt something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!